Thursday, January 24, 2008

Gorgeous Gustavus

Wow, now THIS is Alaska. Check out these incredible views from around Gustavus, headquarters of Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve. Mountains, eagles, moose, water, sun, moon ... what more could you ask for?!?

I'm working from Robin's this week but with weather like this, it's been difficult. I work from the library part-time. This small community has a really great facility. They have a satellite Internet connection -- pretty cool!

One day I was working from Robin's and said that I was worried the power might go out. He gave me this really funny look. Then I realized that duh, the power isn't going out because it's all on generator power and he's the one who maintains the generators! (Side note: Electric clocks run faster on generator power. The electric clocks in Robin's house gain minutes every day so by the end of the month, they can be 30-45 minutes fast. It is really confusing sometimes but just one more quirky thing about living in Alaska.)

1 comment:

HW said...

Definitely gorgeous!