Monday, January 14, 2008

3 minutes a day

That's the amount of daylight I'm gaining each day. I don't mind the weather, clouds or amount of daylight. There are lots of things that make up for any of those drawbacks, including:
  • I see "sun breaks" or holes of blue several times a week, which has been great.
  • I see eagles from my walk to and from work, and from my window at work.
  • I see something awesome every day. Last week, there was an intercom announcement to stop working and admire the fantastic sunset (and it ~was~ fantastic).
  • I might see the aurora borealis and check the aurora forecast frequently.
  • I saw whales just a few weeks ago while I was driving down the road.
  • I can't be late to work because there is no "late".

4 comments:

David said...

Don't the whales have trouble keeping to their side of the road?

HW said...

I would be dangerous on the roads in Alaska. Both eagles and whales make me squeal, point and shout their name. "Less pointing, more driving please," would be heard daily.

KIA said...

Whales have the right of way, wherever they are.

And HW ... I don't think you should ever go snorkeling. You would drown ... or drown your snorkeling partner!

Doogman said...

I'm thinking 'one less beer with breakfast' if you're seeing whales on the road. Blue elephants is ONE thing, but... whales? Ease up.