Monday, July 23, 2007

Back in the good ol' U S of A -- photos available

OK, here's what you've all been waiting for: pictures! Yeah! You should be able to click this link and see the road trip photos:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=129rk9kh.4l2v10qp&x=0&y=cs99ek

I made it through customs and all that with relatively little hassle, although the guy kept giving me a hard time that Alaska was the other direction. He also really, really wanted to know what I do for a living. Could that possible matter?

Although the line to get in was relatively short (90 minute wait), I about asphyxiated myself from all of the exhaust fumes from hundreds of cars, semis, RVs, etc. idling and inching forward 5 feet every 5 minutes. Good thing I had some easy Sudoku puzzles with me!

Now, I'm in Bellingham, WA. Tomorrow I board the ferry (finally) for the last leg of the journey. I'll be on the ferry from Tuesday until Friday. Hopefully, I will see lots of whales, dolphins and scenery (fog and rain does ~not~ count as "scenery" so keep your fingers crossed for me). I doubt I will be able to blog any until the weekend ... unless there's somehow wireless on the ferry? Is that even possible?

2 comments:

Doogman said...

Killer photos!! San Juan Island is incredible!!!!! (and well worth five sclams!)

Quick tip for photo subjects: SMILE.

(grin) < see... like dat....

LOL!

This is great, just like being there, but less butt-stress.

David said...

Great picture! Makes me wanna go back to Victoria and Vancouver.