Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Unique e-mail topics

Here are excerpts from some unique e-mails I received:

  • I am looking for a Petri dish to use in our new interactive exhibit down here in the reception area. I need one that is approx 3" in diameter and in good enough shape to be holding two beaver teeth on the display shelf. If you have one, and don't mind lending it for 4 weeks, please let me know, or better yet, stop by and see what we are doing down here!! There will be some interesting exhibits displayed down front. Thanks, and have a great day!
  • Thought I might point out a factual error: On Camping and Hiking in Bear Country you refer to "grizzly" bears as "ursus arctos horribilis." I believe that "ursos arctos" and "ursos horribilis" are different names for the same bear, excepting for habitat. You can refer to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game site for more specific information.
  • The doctor adjusted my medication recently so if we've had a conversation lately about reserving a conference room or anything else, don't be upset if I forgot it. If you reserved a conference room, come and check to make sure it really is reserved. Don't be surprised to find me a little sleepy at the desk either.

No comments: