Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Herding ducks

The neighbor next to where I'm housesitting has left town and left me with full responsibility for the ducks. Today was my first day trying to round up the ducks to get them in their house. (No, Louie the poodle does not help and is banished from this activity.)

The process is pretty much like you'd think. I make a lot of noise banging the lid where their feed is stored. Then I throw some corn around and call out, "Here ducks. C'mon ducks." Then I hope for the best. Yep, it's a good system.

Fortunately, I rounded up 9 ducks and was able to shut the door. I'm not sure they're the right 9 ducks but anyway, they're in! It's not my fault that some wild ducks sometimes hang out with these ducks. There are anywhere from 9 to 15 ducks hanging out at any one time.

Gotta love it ... it's Alaska!

1 comment:

Doogman said...

(video playback of Karen's afternoon)

QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!QUACK!!!!!