Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend wildlife

I was out picking blueberries in front of my house and heard this loud, reverberating sound. Robin and I looked at each other, eyes wide, and both said, "Whale." We looked out at the water and sure enough, there was a whale swimming around in Bartlett Cove. Absolutely amazing.

Now that I've successfully harassed and chased down Porky for his picture, I've since been on the lookout to get a good photo of a bear. Yesterday, one of our friends called to alert me that a bear had his paws up on his office window and was snorting and spraying bear snot all over it. I hopped in the truck and went down to see for myself. By the time I got there, the bear was up in the blueberry bushes, chowing down. I got a few photos (but it's raining and windy so that upload has to wait), but am still on the prowl for a more up-close and personal shot.

1 comment:

Doogman said...

"...loud reverberating sound..." - I was nowhere near there.