Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Traveling to Thorne Bay

Wow, I can't believe I've been here almost a year! This week's travel brings me back to Thorne Bay, originally a logging camp and site of one of my first travels in Alaska (you can see my old pictures from my "you know it's a small town when" posting).

Robin and I will be visiting my "official" supervisor, one of the Karen triumvirate associated with SEAtrails. She is amazing and someone I truly admire. A quintessential over-achiever, KP works at a regular job ... and she finds time to run two liquor stores, is part of the emergency medical team, is a board member for numerous organizations (including the Red Cross and SEAtrails) and is involved in a whole bunch of other things making things move and shake on Prince of Wales Island, the third largest island in the U.S.

On the docket so far: clearing a trail, fishing, eating hot dogs, four-wheelin', celebrating the 4th of July and whatever other adventures (always guaranteed with KP) that we'll have on POW.

2 comments:

Doogman said...

You sound like you're having SO MUCH FUN! Dammit! Jobs are sposa be WORK! :-D

KIA said...

I think my quest is to make sure my job is always fun! It certainly has been a year of great adventure. !!!