Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shooting in Seward

The other week, my travels took me to Anchorage for VISTA training (which wasn't really training at all, but more of a check up by the VISTA people to make sure you were alive) and to Seward (where I met Robin's kids, Josh-26 and Nick-24).

I was there for the first snowfall of the season, which was pretty cool. I took advantage of all those guns laying around and we went shooting some more (plenty of camo there!). Plus, Robin got to play with blow torches, fry fish and catch up with an old Park Service friend. I saw my first beheaded buffalo (you just never know what a day in Alaska will present!) and gorgeous mountains, icefields and glaciers during the flight from Juneau to Anchorage.

See the photos and stay tuned for an update on my exciting turkey day, complete with fire extinguisher action, whale sightings and more.

2 comments:

Doogman said...

Slideshow's kind of a cross between Hunter Thompson and Lord of the Rings... complete with elves and so much more.

Looks like a good crew. Hardy pioneers all!

KIA said...

Yep, great crew. Who wouldn't enjoy a little 420 on the porch?