Thursday, November 15, 2007

Gunning in Gustavus

I spent several days in Gustavus and had an absolutely great time. Robin and I went target practicing (in a gravel pit) with lots of big guns ... things like a 22 revolver, 22 semi-automatic pistol, 357 magnum revolver and a 44 magnum revolver. (Now ~that~ is a big gun!) I almost hit 100% of the targets with the 22 rifle.

See photos of the shoot out and incredible views.

The weather was pretty good, too -- not the usual snotty and rainy stuff. It cleared out and I actually saw some of the mountains there for the first time. It was astoundingly beautiful. The snow was incredibly white and the peaks are so rugged. Temps were in the low to mid 30s.

Robin moved into his new house. It has great views of the water. It is awesome. One day I saw a sea lion and several times I saw a seal -- all from the living room. We even saw a young moose running down the road and I saw my first porcupine.

2 comments:

Steve Blackburn said...

looks like Bonnie and Clyde

Doogman said...

I can almost hear her whispering in a gravelly voice: "...so... do ya feel lucky...PUNK?"

:]

that first shot could be an NRA cover.

Woof