Saturday, January 8, 2011

Flippin' Filipines

Since September 23, I have been working with Microsoft and their subcontractors in the Philippines to obtain my software disk, which I paid for, which the subcontractors insist could only be shipped to a physical address.

Because we have a post office box, this presented a challenge. The post office does not deliver to our home address, which the representatives in the Philippines could not understand. I tried to cancel my order, but they told me their cancellation policy was that they did not accept cancellations.

At one point, they told me to "talk to my facility." I told them I did not know what they meant by "facility" and needed more direction. They hung up on me.

Another time, I asked to speak with a supervisor, at which point they transferred me to no-man's land where the phone rang, rang, rang, rang and rang some more. I eventually hung up, after I figured they accrued quite an international bill for the call.

At another point, they told me to call "911" and ask to find out what address they send responders to...I refused.

Finally, just today, I received my software disk in the mail at my PO box. It only took almost 4 months but I did it!

2 comments:

Doogman said...

Microsoft is a bad joke and should go out of business.

KIA said...

Eye, eye!