Sunday, December 5, 2010

The $126 breakfast

A mere $126 will buy you room service breakfast at the Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta. We learned this after a recent trip there for Robin's work. They kept messing up so we got a free breakfast (and a stay in an executive suite at a later date). We only were asked about three times to show our room key. (I guess we didn't look like their typical guest.)

Our fun-filled trip (well, my fun-filled, anyway, because Robin was working most of the time) included lots of rides on the Marta subway, me seeing an arrest at Olympic Centennial Park, a great NHL hockey game and a fantastic puppet performance of Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer. (The Center for Puppetry Arts is a must-do for all Jim Hensen and puppet fans!)

See pictures of the most expensive breakfast and other photos from our trip.

2 comments:

Doogman said...

So glad to see you having FUN FUN FUN!!! Ritz Carlton eh? Hope you made 'em WORK for the money! (know you did) Love seeing these reports.

KIA said...

Be warned ... the Ritz is not all it is cracked up to be. They try to charge $12/day for internet. Ridiculous! If I had been thinking when I complained (it was pre-coffee, because no stocked coffee in the room was one of the things I complained about), I would have gone for a lot more. Like more free nights. Massages in the spa. More free food! Free mini-bar! I could go on!