Thursday, April 8, 2010

The motherlode

Robin and I befriended a couple who own and operate Vineyards on the Scuppernong. These nice people not only make awesome wine (we recently bought 4 cases!), but they also are in desperate need of someone who will come and help them with their deer problem.

The deer find their land and grapes irresistible and the does are running rampant. Boy, did they find the right man for that job. I'm not sure Robin could be happier. Plus, they have this awesome cabin we can stay in whenever we want (yes, I'll take pictures sometime). Did I mention they make awesome wine?!? You know what I'll be doing while Robin hunts!

We spent a day out there over the weekend playing farmer. I drove a Kubota around and we planted some food plots to help lure the deer away from the grapes.

No comments: