Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back to a new grind

Thanks to having non-compete status from my year+ as an AmeriCorps Vista volunteer and the Park Service's Centennial Initiative program, I now have a seasonal job as an Interpretive Park Ranger! Surprisingly, one of my past background checks actually suffices and I don't have to get re-fingerprinted.

My first week of work was spent trying to get computer access, uniforms and what a surprise -- keys! This is the start of my second week of work, begun aptly enough by chumming the fish. (At least I wasn't wearing a nice new shiny uniform that got all nasty.)

Only 123 days (out of 129) to go!

2 comments:

Doogman said...

"Interpretive Park Ranger"....? Does it involve dancing and strange poses? I'll expect a photo essay at the least and hopefully a limited-edition DVD.

KIA said...

Yes. And singing. (My method of interpretation differs from the traditional Park Service model.) My fort tours are not the traditional sort...which reminds me I want to do a post of what happened the other week ... another episode of "Robin's Dirty Jobs."