Friday, May 23, 2008

Serious about security

I don't know how you feel about national security but I can tell you, "they" are worried about me. I have had 4 background checks done on me this year, including having to ink up 6 sets of fingerprint cards.

Here are some of the questions our government asks on one of the security forms:

  1. How long have you known this person?
    Choices listed are: years, months or I don't know this person.
  2. On the average, I associate(d) with this person ....
    Choices listed are: daily, weekly, monthly, twice a year, once every year or 2, once in 3 or more years.
  3. Do you have any reason to question this person's honesty or trustworhiness?
    Choices listed are: no, yes, I do not know this person well enough to respond, and (my favorite) I wish to discuss the adverse information I have.
  4. Do you have any adverse information about this person's employment, residence or activites concerning:
    Choices are: violations of the law, financial integrity, abuse of alcohol and/or drugs, mental or emotional stability, (my favorite) general behavior or conduct, other matters, and I wish to discuss the adverse information I have.
  5. Additional information which you feel may have a bearing on this person's suitability for government employment or a security clearance. This space may be used for derogatory as well as positive information.




Being able to log on to a government computer in Gridless Gustavus: Priceless

No comments: